Friday, February 12, 2010

I meant to post this disturbing little tid-bit earlier in the week but somehow over looked it:
In 1997, original Batman director Tim Burton tried to make a Superman movie starring Nicolas Cage

Can I just say, how is Nicolas Cage a working actor? I had the pleasure of watching Con Air for the first time the other night and while John Malkovich brought me deeper and deeper in, Nic, from his first shot with that stiff fake hair trying to blow in the wind, just kept bringing me further and further out. I really do like him in Valley Girl though.

Even though fashion week's started I devoted a lot of my earlier reading today to the Healthy Living section of martha's dot com. I found out some interesting things; for instance this:
“Traditionally made (meaning minimally processed) dark chocolate actually contains more flavonoids per gram than any other food tested so far, including green tea, red wine, and blueberries.”

I just found it incredible since blueberries are touted for being such a SUPERfood. If they are the Superman what does that make dark chocolate?

Aside from the, probably, 20 or so recipes I saved/looked through I also read an article about asparagus. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the veg because it makes me think of my fabulous Aunt Flo. My mom never made asparagus but Aunt Florence did!
Even better, the tasty spears help fight cardiovascular disease, strengthen bones, and may even boost the libido…


Most notably, this member of the lily family contains the most folate of any vegetable. Folate helps rid the body of the amino acid homocysteine, associated with cardiovascular disease. It also may aid in the production of histamine, which is necessary for achieving orgasm -- making asparagus's legendary aphrodisiac powers not quite so far-fetched


The second most interesting thing I read about asparagus (because clearly the point about achieving orgasm is the first) is that it grows for 3 YEARS before it's harvested and that it can grow up to 7 inches in one day, once it starts to sprout.

Keeping in the spirit of V-day, before I move on to the normal run of things, I want want want this. I've always had an affinity for Betsey Johnson, probably just because she was the firt designer I was ever really aware of and, even if I don't necessarily die over her dresses so much anymore I do go ga-ga for her lingerie:


Summer has me reconsidering my glasses only policy as more and more aha sunglasses dance across my computer screen (espesh the kind that won't fit a regular pair of glasses underneath them): linda farrow for the row,




I read an article today about how an ATF agent is suing the agency for failing to protect him adequately after he had gone under, and come out of, cover with the Hell's Angels. Ironically, earlier in the day I drooled over this "Hell's Angels" Fallon necklace:


Finally, since I did look through about 8 shows on my style.com (the best app ever) app on my phone last night here's a shot of Kelly Osbourne (whom I've always loved, so deal with it) looking SO GOOD and Gwen Stefani, who is 40 which blows my mind. I was actually pretty impressed with the L.A.M.B. show. I think she's really coming into a good place, it was def the first of her shows that I actively "liked."


In closing--I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment